As we start this week, 15 days from the start of the post-season, the Philadelphia Phillies are currently third in the NL East, .5 games back of the Miami Marlins, and sitting in a Wild Card Spot. The club went 4-5 over the last week, playing 9 games in 7 days. Sitting at 23-22 and set to take on the Marlins today at 4:05. The Phils with a win could get back into second place in the division and take a half-game lead back from the Marlins. With 14 games left the Phils will need to keep pace in order to make the playoffs but after last week it may be tougher than we’d hope.
Last Weeks Results
- Monday 9-8 win over the Mets
- Tuesday Double Header vs the Red Sox 6-5 Win and 5-2 loss
- Thursday vs Marlins 7-6 loss
- Friday Double Header vs Marlins 11-0 win and 5-3 loss
- Saturday vs Marlins 12-6 win
- Sunday Double Header vs Marlins 2-1 loss and 8-1 loss
This Weeks Schedule
- Monday vs Marlins 4:10
- Tuesday vs Mets 7:05
- Wednesday vs Mets 7:05
- Thursday vs Mets 7:05
- Friday double header vs Blue Jays 4:05 and 7:05
- Saturday vs Blue Jays 6:05
- Sunday vs Blue Jays 3:05
News Notes and Injuries
- Rhys Hoskins played neither game on Sunday due to a wrist injury. X-Rays were negative and the plan is to re-evalute Rhys on Monday.
- Spencer Howard was added to the IR on Sunday with shoulder soreness. He will be available to play again September 23, but doctors will determine whether or not he will return based on further test.
- Zach Wheeler will miss another start today due to a fingernail injury. Vince Velazquez will start.
- JT Realmuto is still out with a hip injury.